I could spend every day in this wonderful place called Central Park.
If I can ever get up the courage, I would like to spend one or two days alone in New York. I would love to go the park each day and read, eat a cupcake, sit and listen to that young girl playing her cello or the old man playing his guitar to “Imagine” and just enjoy my surroundings.
This year I had to wait for my sisters for a few hours, so I did at least get to walk around, find a great bench and read for a little while alone. Not to adventurous, but one step at a time! Not a bad view at all!
I did find a few cupcakes along the way each day. I love trying new bakeries as well as returning to my tried and true favorites!
APPLE SPICE CUPCAKE
from The Food Hall in the Plaza
Travel adventures so far are still in Texas, but at least we get to catch a game!
I grew up in Arlington…and on baseball. We do try to catch a game each year as a family and maybe squeeze in a couple more throughout the season with friends.
We hope someday to catch a Range game at Fenway Park in Boston and Wrigley Field in Chicago…maybe next year! At least our travels will extend beyond the great state of Texas!!
Thanks to Taylor at Peas Romaine Calm for nominating me for this award! I appreciate her sending this to me as I love her blog! It is so easy to read, love all her creative graphics and her food always looks so tasty! Her blog is fun just to look at! Check her out and these others as well! Thanks again Taylor!
I think these sweet awards are a great way for me to nominate blogs I love and are inspired by. Hopefully this will encourage others to check them out as well. I would nominate Taylor, of course, but I will need to find something she is not nominated for already! So glad others are finding her blog so interesting. Way to go, Taylor!
The Rules :
- Thank the person that nominated you and give a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
- I enjoy reading.
- I love Mexican food.
- I was raised by the two sweetest parents on the earth.
- I freak out at blood, cuts or breaks of any kind. You don’t want me to be the only one around if something tragic happens!
- I wish I could dance, I mean really dance!
- I have a fear of flying, but make myself do it.
- I would love to own my own business.
~Jane’s Patisserie One of my favorite blogs! Love all her recipes and photos and she is only 23! Way to go!
~Analiza Gonzales I love her website. She has recipes and other ideas on fashion and all her recipes look delicious!
~Hungry Girl Por Vida This blog has so many homemade recipes and also some fabulous looking cocktails!
~With All My Affection Love this blog..it is a fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog from an adorable 20 something! So cute!
~Feasting with Friends Nancy lives in Detroit and loves to cook and create her own recipes. She has been nominated for multiple awards, but I wanted to include her because I love her blog!
~Smiling Notes This 20 something year old shares her adventures in travel and cooking. It is so interesting and I love to look at her travel photos, especially from New York!
~Life with Becky I love this inspirational blog. Cheryl writes about her daughter Becky and the struggles and triumphs they have. Cheryl seems like an amazing person to me!
~Why 10 More bites? This is so cute…a mom and husband who love good food and love to share with others.
These are just a few of my faves as I have so many blogs I love to go to for inspiration.
Thanks again Taylor and I encourage you to check out some of these blogs.
I am sending out a big thank you to Taylor at Peas Romaine Calm for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award. I love Taylor’s blog! It is so cute and creative and her photos are amazing. I love all her little graphic designs on her photos.
Here are my five nominations for the Creative Blogger Award.
It was hard to choose only five as there are so many wonderful blogs I come across and enjoy reading.
~Carolina at Cisneros Cafe. I love her faith based blog and her encouraging words she shares with others. Check it out for some daily encouragement.
~Hannah at Love the Little Bakery. She loves to bake, she is messy in the kitchen and wants to travel. Her blog is so cute!
~Wee Blue Mixer. What a cute blog! She lives in a cottage in Scotland (how cool is that)? She shares lots of wonderful recipes and amazing photos.
~Leen Cuisine. She is so creative. She is obsessed with recipes from her family and is cooking through all of them!
~This Happy Mommy. I love all her photos and her healthy recipes. Everything looks amazing. Plus she is a new mommy. How exciting!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
5 Facts About Me:
- I am a Native Texan!
- I love NYC and would go visit every year if I could.
- I love to brighten someone’s day with a baked treat, wrapped in cellophane with lots of ribbon! It just makes me smile. (and hopefully makes them smile)
- I love God, my 3 girls and wonderful husband!
- Breakfast Tacos are one of my favorite things to eat. I eat one at a local favorite restaurant at least once a week, or twice. Okay, maybe even three times! YUMMY!
Thanks again Taylor for nominating me and love reading your blog!