ZUCCHINI CRUST PIZZA
- 2 cups packed freshly shredded raw zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add zucchini to a large bowl and let sit 10-15 minutes. Drain excess water from zucchini bowl. Using a tea towel or several sturdy paper towels, add in 1/2 cup of zucchini into towel and wring dry. Repeat with remaining zucchini. When you are finished, you should have about 1 cup of zucchini remaining.
3. Add zucchini, egg, cheese, pepper and flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. Dump zucchini mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, thin and spread out the batter so that it forms a round crust approximately 9 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick.
5. Bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and both sides are cooked. Flip over crust and bake an additional 10 minutes until top is crispy. Flip pizza crust back over.
6. Lower oven temperature to 400F. Add whatever pizza ingredients you desire to your crust. I did a layer of marinara sauce, followed by fresh slices of mozzarella, sliced bell peppers and fresh basil leaves. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Thanks to Kirbie Cravings for the recipe